Friday, June 19, 2009

.~Sadly Harmless.~


Sadly Harmless Etsy Store has lovely paintings and prints in it:)
Sally Harness lives in Indiana. I love her art so much. This polar bear is one of my favorites.
I wanted to share her artist statement with you~
"My work attempts to fuse images reminiscent of children’s books with the struggles of adjusting to adulthood. My characters deal with issues of self consciousness, depression, solitude, and longing. I attempt to make images relatable in content and also aesthetically pleasing. There is almost always some kind of ailment that afflicts my characters. I also incorporate elements of humor in all of my work through the use of anthropomorphism as well as cynicism. My art has become a visual diary of what happens in my world and how those things affect me. I use these characters as a vehicle to tell my own story."
Thank-you so much for donating!

No comments: