Friday, June 12, 2009

.~Alma Pottery.~

These days each morning that I wake up feels like Christmas! First thing I do is check my email to see if I have another email from an Etsy artist who might want to donate something to our Heart at Work Silent Auction. This morning I was pleasantly surprised by Alma's Pottery
Lavnia wrote me and even linked me to what she is going to donate! Oh look how beautiful these bowls are!
Here is a description of them straight from the artists store:
"Slip cast in porcelain in my original molds the bowls are very ,very light. I certainly see them filled with cherries and ice creams and summer salads and the glazes look stunning on them. They are made in molds but slightly altered and I cut the lip with a sharp knife in a slight uneven height,so not two of them will be completely identical .they are also slightly warped because I handle them while still wet and the porcelain has a thing called "memory" (fascinating BTW )I didn't break any yet so I don't know how much abuse they can take but I would advice you buy them only if you are inclined by nature to drink tea out of fine transparent china rather than stainless steel cups.If you like sturdy,real sturdy pottery in the same molds I make thick bowls with a stony feel and texture. "
Make sure to stop in the Alma Pottery Etsy store to see all the other wild and wonderful things Lavnia creates!
Thank-you for donating!


No comments: