Sunday, January 16, 2011

.~Roameo.~

Roameo
By Traci Suzanne Marvel
10" X 10" X 1"
For Sale on ebay
Acrylic on Stretched Gallery Wrapped Canvas
Sides are painted - Ready to Hang
No Frame Required
Signed on Front by Artist
Signed Titled on back by Artist
SOLD
Going to Live in Washington
About the Painting:
"Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim." (Vicki Harrison)

This painting was first inspired when I read about Katherine Dunn's donkey Giacomo passing. - http://www.apiferafarm.blogspot.com/- I was overcome with grief for her. I could feel her broken heart. I got out my paints and created this little painting to honor Giacomo and all the other senior donkey's that Katherine helps.

And also...My dog Cowgirl recently past away on December 2nd, 2010. She fought a brave battle with bone cancer. So this painting is also a tribute to her. As I go through the grief process of losing my precious dog, I feel as if I am roaming the earth aimlessy while sending my heart beats up to heaven in search of my best friend.

A portion of the sale of this painting will go to Katherine's Giacomohttp://apiferafarm.blogspot.com/search/label/Giacomo%27s%20Fund fund and a portion will go to help paying for Cowgirl's last vet bill.

A little side note: This painting won a 2nd place ribbon in the summer of 2010 at the Eureka, MT County Fair :)
This painting is so much prettier in person. This photograph does not do it justice."

No comments: