Wednesday, December 22, 2010

.~Meet Liilian: Prima Folk Art Ballerina.~


"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations.  I may not reach them, but I can look and believe in them and try to follow where they lead" ~ Louise May Alcott

This is one of my most favorite sketches,  I know on the original sketch, I named the character Daisy.  But it really never was her name.  Her true name is Lillian.  And she is my alter ego.  Not that I ever wanted to be named Lillian because I love my name. I think the day I sketched this it was summertime and I was looking at a field of wild daisies and that is why named her that for the time being.

But obviously, her name is Lillian.  Anyone can clearly see that.

To continue the story about how Lillian came to be, is that my mother - Lareen Fender - was a a very  talented dancer and continued on to become a very famous ballet teacher.  As a child, I thought how amazing it would be to become a famous ballet dancer, but alas I just didn't have the gift for it.

But I did try to dance.  I did take ballet lessons.  I did take jazz and modern dance lessons as well.  And I was ok at it, but I just didn't have the gift to become a famous dancer. What I possibly do have a knack for is folk art.  So chances are that I might have become a famous folk art ballet dancer.  But seeing as ballet is more suited to the classical folk, I am not quite sure that folk art ballet would have ever taken off.

But if it did take off, I think Lillian would be the one who would have been the Prima Folk Art Dancer don't you think?  Look at that perfect folk art body and attire!

No comments: