Tuesday, February 5, 2008

.~Life Worth Living.~

" Three passions have governed my life: The longings for love, the search for knowledge, And unbearable pity for the suffering of humankind. Love brings ecstasy and relieves loneliness. In the union of love, I have seen in a mystic miniature the prefiguring vision of the heavens that saints and poets have imagined.
With equal passion I have sought knowledge. I have wished to understand the hearts of people. I have wished to know why the stars shine.
Love and knowledge led upwards to the heavens, But always pity brought me back to earth; Cries of pain reverberated in my heart of children in famine, of victims tortured and of old people left helpless. I long to alleviate the evil, but I cannot, And I too suffer.
This has been my life; I found it worth living."
~ Bertrand Russell

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Oh Traci! This is going to be my daily read! I LOVE your art work and the readings you have with them. Now I know why I am so drawn to you.