Saturday, January 2, 2010

.~Take Good Care of Yourself.~



Original ACEO
Be Good To Yourself
By Traci Suzanne Marvel
Signed, titled and dated on the back by the artist
This original ACEO painting measures 2.5 x 3.5 inches.
Art created with watercolors, paper, glue and ink on 140-lb watercolor paper.
SOLD
(Going to live in WY)


Story Behind the Art
My godfather was the Jack Haley who was best known as the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz.
When I was a little girl, he use to sing me the song Button Up Your Over Coat (by Desylva, Brown and Henderson) It was was one of Jack's hit songs.

The chorus goes like this:
"Button up your overcoat,
When the wind is free,
Oh, take good care of yourself
you belong to me."
Jack wrote me frequently and reminded me to care of myself, and to be good, and to enjoy and love the life that God gave me.

Like most of my art, this little ACEO just happened out of the blue while playing in my art studio.
I'd like to dedicate this one to the Jack. oxoxoxo

No comments: